Friday, December 18, 2015

Legal Bliss(mas).




Lawyering is tough right? Deadlines, demanding partners, judges too busy to rule quickly on motions, not to mention the ever present stress of litigation battles. It’s a wonder anyone does this work.

Over the past six months I have been vexed by various of these difficulties. It has been draining, to say the least.

But today I received a settlement check for a client, confirmation of another client’s settlement agreement, and was able to give affirmation to a third lovely client that their important decision made sense. I am beaming with joy.

I forwarded the check with a hearty Merry Christmas! The second settlement agreement will be signed today and paid soon. The client who got only my honest agreement gave me a hug and a consultation fee, and said I was the bomb.

Even if nothing else happens today, it’s been a good one. Maybe the best thing for me to do right now, at noon, is head into the weekend on a high note.

It’s tough, true. But sometimes it is good to be a lawyer. Very good.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment